Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 197
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 174
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 113

Happy Marvelous May! Today folks we have 197 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 174 days to go until November, and 113 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone is going to be when we reach the amazing moment of the 100-Day Marker Till The Bers. That will end our stress-free time although ironically that will start my stress-free time because I’ll start having some breaks from work then taking vacation time. Now it’s Wednesday so you know the drill and here is our poll!

If you could invite any fictional character to Thanksgiving Dinner which would it be?
  • Mickey Mouse
  • Santa Claus
  • Tom Turkey
  • Scrooge
  • I’m going with B. The reason? Mickey would be cool but he’s not quite Santa. Tom Turkey I’d feeling weird having him eat turkey and Scrooge might bring the mood down. What about you? Have a great Marvelous May!​
It's gotta be Santa. That would be just too much fun and a fantastic way to welcome the Christmas season.

I would consider inviting a reformed Scrooge to Christmas dinner but not Thanksgiving.

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
The Easter Dinner special Ham Feast for 2-3 people was $39.99
The Ham Dinner for 5-7 was $89.00

Back in November the Thanksgiving Turkey Dinner for Four was $64.99
and the Ham Dinner for 4 was $54.99

They didn't offer a Turkey meal at Easter.

I don't buy the store made dinners every year but I do like to check out what they are offering!

Maybe I should buy a smallish whole turkey and maybe a nice size breast soon, and then I have options?

Last edited:

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 196
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 173
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 112

Happy Dozen Days Of May! Today we see that we have 196 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 173 days to go until November, and 112 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone? It’s going to be really down the road still with 12 days from now when we reach the 100-Day Marker Till The Bers. Yes, folks we have a dozen days left still of stress-free time here on the dozenth (is that a word?) day of May. But anyway, I hope you enjoyed the poll yesterday on Wednesday. And I hope you enjoy, equally as much, all of CW’s posts of videos and pictures. He definitely gives us plenty of good material to keep us gobbling here in the heart of spring. Today is a big day folks. The NFL schedules will be officially released. Who will be playing on Thanksgiving Day? We’ll know today. Anyone feel free to post it when they see it. I’ll talk about it a bit more tomorrow in detail. I love Thanksgiving Day football. It just feels so right to me. I hope you’re all enjoying your Thursday turkey lovers and fans. You’re all enjoying the time you have here in the Thanksgiving Thread as well. And remember that turkey, stuffing and gravy are great any time of year so you have the itch or the urge to cheat and make a meal here to celebrate the fact we’re Halfway To November please do so and show us what you’re eating. Have a great Dozen Days Of May!​

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
Well a few of the games have already leaked, but nothing about the Thanksgiving Day games yet. I'll be checking throughout the day, but supposedly they won't be releasing the rest of the schedule until tonight at 7 p.m. CST. I bet there's a pretty good chance that the rest of the schedule leaks before then.

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Well a few of the games have already leaked, but nothing about the Thanksgiving Day games yet. I'll be checking throughout the day, but supposedly they won't be releasing the rest of the schedule until tonight at 7 p.m. CST. I bet there's a pretty good chance that the rest of the schedule leaks before then.
The games are out now for Thanksgiving. I can’t post the link because I’m at work right now, but one game for sure is the cowboys and bengals! I am sure the lions will be the other game. Just so much tradition with those two teams, cowboys and lions.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 195
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 172
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 111

Happy May Teens! Today folks we look at our counts and notice they continue to drop to the following levels mentioned: 195 days till Thanksgiving, 172 days till November, and 111 days (triple 1’s) till The Bers. Our next milestone will be in 11 days when our stress-free days leave us but it will be such a big week I’m too excited to talk about it right now. Really. That week will be crazy. In fact, it’s making me realize how important next week is because there’s no stress and we’re setting ourselves up for the final climb up to the peak of the mountain before we start going downhill. And I’m afraid of heights but I’m even more afraid of going downhill because I don’t want to start going way too fast so soon. So let’s just enjoy this Friday first and do what we have to do. Work, eat turkey, and all the good stuff. Folks in case you’re still wondering about the NFL Schedules for Thanksgiving we have the following: Buffalo @ Detroit, Giants @ Dallas, and New England @ Minnesota. I become a big Detroit Lions fan on Thanksgiving. They seem to always be under dogs and I love their tradition of playing on Thanksgiving Day at 12:30PM Eastern time. So many years of them doing it and I’m glad that tradition continues. Anyway, just seeing the games listed now on the schedule makes me smile. Have a great May Teens!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
Alright football fans, are you ready for your Turkey Day serving of NFL games?

The official schedule is as follows:

Buffalo Bills-Detroit Lions on CBS (12:30 p.m. ET)

New York Giants-Dallas Cowboys on FOX (4:30 p.m. ET)

New England Patriots-Minnesota Vikings on NBC (8:20 p.m. ET)

Source: https://www.nfl.com/_amp/2022-nfl-thanksgiving-tripleheader-game-times-matchups-how-to-watch-etc
Thanks for correcting me on this. I thought sure I saw the Bengals as one of the triple header games. This is going to be an awesome day no matter who plays!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 194
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 171
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 110

Happy May Weekend! We have 194 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 171 days until November, and 110 days until The Bers. Our next milestone? It’s going to be in 10 days. Uh yeah we have 10 days left now of stress-free time and then we’ll reach the 100-Day Marker Till The Bers. It’s the final time we can say double digit days left in stress-free time folks. It’s ok. It’s the weekend so don’t stress out. Get it? And even when we reach that marker trust me there’s a lot of time to plan/relax. That’s why it’s called the 100-Day Marker and not the 10-Day Marker or we’d be in real trouble. Now it’s been a really fun week seeing the NFL schedules announced for Thanksgiving. I love it. Just seeing it and hearing people even talk about it on sports radio. Just them mentioning “Thanksgiving” a word they probably rarely ever speak outside of the month of November (unlike us) is a really cool thing to see and feel. I’m glad all of it came out and they gave us over 6 months of an outlook to those games. Now I think it’s time to get some more parade news. Does anyone see any coming? If so please be alert and post it here if you see any. I appreciate everyone’s posts and information. This is not my thread. I repeat. This is not my thread. This is just a thread I started and update the count daily. This is all of our thread because together we make it fun. Thanks for being here. Have a great May Weekend!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 194
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 171
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 110

Happy May Weekend! We have 194 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 171 days until November, and 110 days until The Bers. Our next milestone? It’s going to be in 10 days. Uh yeah we have 10 days left now of stress-free time and then we’ll reach the 100-Day Marker Till The Bers. It’s the final time we can say double digit days left in stress-free time folks. It’s ok. It’s the weekend so don’t stress out. Get it? And even when we reach that marker trust me there’s a lot of time to plan/relax. That’s why it’s called the 100-Day Marker and not the 10-Day Marker or we’d be in real trouble. Now it’s been a really fun week seeing the NFL schedules announced for Thanksgiving. I love it. Just seeing it and hearing people even talk about it on sports radio. Just them mentioning “Thanksgiving” a word they probably rarely ever speak outside of the month of November (unlike us) is a really cool thing to see and feel. I’m glad all of it came out and they gave us over 6 months of an outlook to those games. Now I think it’s time to get some more parade news. Does anyone see any coming? If so please be alert and post it here if you see any. I appreciate everyone’s posts and information. This is not my thread. I repeat. This is not my thread. This is just a thread I started and update the count daily. This is all of our thread because together we make it fun. Thanks for being here. Have a great May Weekend!​

Today has just the tiniest feeling of being a milestone day. 110 to The Bers is the big number. And I feel like tomorrow breaking into the single digits on our way to 100 is a big deal. I have been thinking of some little small things I could do to celebrate watching the clock strike 100 days. It's going to be a beautiful day.

But we still have the HALF WAY point to Thanksgiving coming very soon, how amazing May has been so far.

Have a great day!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I am excited for Halfsgiving and looking at prices for holiday meals is making me think I need to get on the ball, make a plan and grocery list, and ring it in right.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image