AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Hostess of Christmas Online
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Good evening friends and Happy Rudolph Day! I'm currently watching a Flintstone's Christmas on my Boomerang app to celebrate. Today is my last day off, but I only work tomorrow, then I'm off again until Friday. Work has attempted to call me in twice, but I've had stuff going on and it's been so busy there, I needed the time off. I also had my niece today, so I wouldn't had been able to do it anyway.

Yesterday was busy - DD had another baton competition and it was was successful, like usual. Her team took two seconds. They didn't award anyone first, which they technically got, but they awarded them second with a protection rule, which simply means this - after so many firsts are awarded, that bumps the girls into a higher bracket, when we got to another competition. The judges must have felt that they weren't strong enough yet to be bumped up, so they were actually doing the girls a favor. Every other competition they've went to this year, they've got firsts, so as the season continues, they obviously need to continue to work harder, but the protection rule is used to also "protect" them, hence the name. Not very many judges tend to use it, but in one of the individual events DD was in yesterday too, DD was given that, instead of being awarded top place for her event. In her individual events, she placed in everything, including two firsts, two thirds, and a fourth. She continues to improve, and with the one first she got yesterday, she earned a spot to move up into a harder bracket at the next competition she'll attend in a few weeks and she'll be able to start performing harder tricks as well. Very exciting.

As for the rest of the evening, I just plan on relaxing - DD has baton lessons and I work in the am. Hope you're all enjoying the day!

Enjoy the rest of your day off; you'll get through tomorrow and be off again.

Your daughter is doing great; I hope the team isn't too disappointed in having to try harder to advance.

I'd like to take up juggling again; gave up before I mastered the third cube.

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
Happy Special Marker Day! -santa dance-

I have always been a lover of Christmas. Thankfully my parents were Christmas crazy too. Likely where I got most of my love for the holidays from.

This forum has kept the love going and provides a merry place to come and relax and spin or read tales of life now and Christmases past and the one that's on the way.

Hanging our stockings at MMC is a gift we give ourselves throughout the year and I am glad I wandered in here so many years ago and STAYED.

+j Enjoy your 1/4 marker day!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
Morning MMC! We should have a nice sunny day although it will be on the cool side for late March. Looks like we see a good amount of sun most of this week which is nice. Weekend looks iffy. But at least it will be mild. Just ready for my 2nd day of 3 at work. And hoping everyone is doing well as we ride through late March!

HomemakinGirl

Christmas Cookie Baking Crew
MMC Lifer
Jul 17, 2011
Long Island, New York
Good morning MMC ~
Merry Tuesday!
It’s going to be sunny today with a high of 46, we’re currently at 32 degrees. My daughter and I got home from the gym a little while ago. I just finished cooking breakfast and cleaned up the kitchen. I’m about to tidy up and start laundry, but first coffee! I have to do some food shopping this morning. I’m going dress shopping again later this afternoon for the birthday party we have to attend on Friday. I went yesterday but had no luck, hopefully I’ll find something today. That’s about it for me. Wishing everyone a wonderful day!!!
xx

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good evening friends and Happy Rudolph Day! I'm currently watching a Flintstone's Christmas on my Boomerang app to celebrate. Today is my last day off, but I only work tomorrow, then I'm off again until Friday. Work has attempted to call me in twice, but I've had stuff going on and it's been so busy there, I needed the time off. I also had my niece today, so I wouldn't had been able to do it anyway.

Yesterday was busy - DD had another baton competition and it was was successful, like usual. Her team took two seconds. They didn't award anyone first, which they technically got, but they awarded them second with a protection rule, which simply means this - after so many firsts are awarded, that bumps the girls into a higher bracket, when we got to another competition. The judges must have felt that they weren't strong enough yet to be bumped up, so they were actually doing the girls a favor. Every other competition they've went to this year, they've got firsts, so as the season continues, they obviously need to continue to work harder, but the protection rule is used to also "protect" them, hence the name. Not very many judges tend to use it, but in one of the individual events DD was in yesterday too, DD was given that, instead of being awarded top place for her event. In her individual events, she placed in everything, including two firsts, two thirds, and a fourth. She continues to improve, and with the one first she got yesterday, she earned a spot to move up into a harder bracket at the next competition she'll attend in a few weeks and she'll be able to start performing harder tricks as well. Very exciting.

As for the rest of the evening, I just plan on relaxing - DD has baton lessons and I work in the am. Hope you're all enjoying the day!
Congrats to your daughter! Hard work always pays off!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina

A Merry Milestone Morning to Everyone throughout the great MMC Nation.
The entire, first quarter of our trip back to Christmas is now complete!

Days to the Season: 232
Days to Christmas Day: 274

What incredible Milestone markers will the second quarter bring, I wonder?
We will begin that exploration tomorrow morning about this same time.
(Until then, just relax with a fired twinkie and some iced tea.)

We had another real nice day yesterday, with no rain until late afternoon/evening, then more overnight.
Today will be about 15 degrees cooler but it comes with a lesser chance of precipitation.
This second day of the work week has commenced at 46 degrees here, still overcast and wet.

Have a Terrific Tuesday, Folks!

Bradmac

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
MMC Lifer
Nov 7, 2008
Bellville, GA
Good Tuesday morning, Christmas friends!

Repairing the golf carts is going to be a little more work than I thought. I have to replace the batteries, so I was taking the old ones out yesterday afternoon, and it became obvious that the rack that holds them has rusted to the point of uselessness. Now I'm devising a plan to repair the rack. I may have to take it to my brother's shop to do a bit of welding, though. It's fun to have a little project to work on. Nancy thinks I should find a more worthy recipient of the money I've squirrelled away, though. ;)

I hope y'all have a great day! :D

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut

Congrats to your daughter!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011

We had another real nice day yesterday, with no rain until late afternoon/evening, then more overnight.
Today will be about 15 degrees cooler but it comes with a lesser chance of precipitation.
This second day of the work week has commenced at 46 degrees here, still overcast and wet.

Thanks Crown! Happy 1/4 to Christmas!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut
Merry Milestone Day!! A little chilly outside today but at least the sun is shining. Looks like we will have some warmer temps at the end of the week. Work for me today and I am going to catch up on laundry tonight. Have a great day!!

SnowflakeMom

Rudolph's Groomer
MMC Lifer
Apr 22, 2014
Connecticut

Thanks, Crown...happy Milestone Day!

Crown 84

Official MMC Countmeister
MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Jul 27, 2007
North Carolina
quiet day...

I guess everyone is in shock about the Milestone?
Well, it's a shocking Milestone.
And just wait until next month, when there will be TWO of them, back-to-back!

Meceka

MMC Associate Editor
MMC Lifer
MMC Donor
Christmas Crew
Louann Jeffries Award
Santa's Elf
Kringle Radio DJ
Nov 27, 2008
Mid-Michigan

Congratulations to DD!

AuntieMistletoeDear

MMC Lifer
Christmas.com Alum
Christmas Crew
Christmas Talk Alum
Oct 7, 2005
Ontario, Canada
I forgot to mention I was sleeping in my merry p.j.s the last two nights.

I was pretty tuckered out last night; headed to bed at 8:30, but then up at 4:00 so tonight I will try and stay up longer and wake up at 5:00.

Another way of celebrating Rudolph Day - don't think I'll pull it off with the summer heat we are expecting.

Out of town for the day for work; husband is under strict orders not to fall.

Have a jolly day! -surprise-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image