Thanksgiving 2022 Thread

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas
I've been thinking that maybe instead of a turkey for Halfsgiving, I'd like to do a prime rib. I rarely ever get to have prime rib, but I also want to honor the halfway point to Thanksgiving with the iconic turkey. Decisions, decisions! There's no way we will be able to eat both.

Irish75

Sugar Cookie Tester
MMC Member
Jan 7, 2018
Pittsburgh
So i mentioned in the Halloween thread that a local bakery by us did a half way to Halloween celebration and there items were themed for Halloween. We picked up some spooky treats.

But as i bonus i up picked up some chocolate pumpkin swirled cheesecake which can most definitely fall into the half way to Thanksgiving celebration!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
I've been thinking that maybe instead of a turkey for Halfsgiving, I'd like to do a prime rib. I rarely ever get to have prime rib, but I also want to honor the halfway point to Thanksgiving with the iconic turkey. Decisions, decisions! There's no way we will be able to eat both.
Both sound good tho!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 193
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 170
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 109

Happy Mid-May! Today folks we look at our counts and see we have 193 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 170 days to go until November, and 109 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be in 9 days. That, of course, will be the 100-Day Marker Till The Bers. Now do not worry about the fact we’re down to single digits now in our stress-free zone because the 9 days means next week coming we have all week long to be stress-free still. And that’s a good thing. We have 1 more week to go without stress and realizing we still are not halfway to Thanksgiving week yet. We better enjoy this one folks. I mean as exciting as it will be when we get there it is hard to imagine we’d be almost halfway already and then more than halfway. But it’s been great the first half so far and I hope it continues here in this thread. Let’s have a great week ahead and not worry or get too excited yet about anything beyond that. Taking one day at a time helps get the most out of these counts and threads. Now for all you turkey fans who are feeling a little hungry today why not dare I say celebrate a little early being near Halfway by having a turkey? Just a thought. Maybe before the weather gets too hot to even open the oven. I know that’s coming soon. Have a great Mid-May!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 193
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 170
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 109

Happy Mid-May! Today folks we look at our counts and see we have 193 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 170 days to go until November, and 109 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone will be in 9 days. That, of course, will be the 100-Day Marker Till The Bers. Now do not worry about the fact we’re down to single digits now in our stress-free zone because the 9 days means next week coming we have all week long to be stress-free still. And that’s a good thing. We have 1 more week to go without stress and realizing we still are not halfway to Thanksgiving week yet. We better enjoy this one folks. I mean as exciting as it will be when we get there it is hard to imagine we’d be almost halfway already and then more than halfway. But it’s been great the first half so far and I hope it continues here in this thread. Let’s have a great week ahead and not worry or get too excited yet about anything beyond that. Taking one day at a time helps get the most out of these counts and threads. Now for all you turkey fans who are feeling a little hungry today why not dare I say celebrate a little early being near Halfway by having a turkey? Just a thought. Maybe before the weather gets too hot to even open the oven. I know that’s coming soon. Have a great Mid-May!​
We're eating turkey gumbo this very evening!!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
So i mentioned in the Halloween thread that a local bakery by us did a half way to Halloween celebration and there items were themed for Halloween. We picked up some spooky treats.

But as i bonus i up picked up some chocolate pumpkin swirled cheesecake which can most definitely fall into the half way to Thanksgiving celebration!
Sounds great!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 192
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 169
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 108

Happy Middle Day Of May! Today we look at our counts and see 192 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 169 days left until November, and 108 days to go until The Bers. Our next milestone won’t happen this week folks. It will happen in 8 days as we reach The Bers 100-Day Marker. Until then? We have a full stress-free week here in this thread (plus one extra day). I’m enjoying it as much as I possibly can before the absolute excitement to come after that. Now it’s Monday so let’s do our weekly countdown till Thanksgiving Week. And today we look and see that we have 27 weeks until Thanksgiving Week. This is it folks. We’re on the safe side for 1 more week and then Halfway time. Yikes. Halfway will be a big celebration here. And I think with what’s to come next week maybe we should do some special posts this weekend. I’ll try to come up with something because we need to really stop and realize where we are at that point when we’re on the verge of entering crazy halfway territory. Now for all you turkey fans you don’t have to sweat it today like a turkey in the oven. You can relax on this stress-free Monday and have a great time dreaming of what’s to come. It’s certainly going to get more and more exciting in the near future in this thread. Let’s just try to enjoy today and this week though. Have a great Middle Day Of May!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia
We are literally going to sweat today because today is supposed to be 85 degrees!

Really makes you miss The Bers when its that hot!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
27 weeks to go, I know the half way mark is looming large and rightfully so, but I am going to enjoy this last week of being closer to Thanksgiving 2021 than we are to Thanksgiving 2022. Not only do I not want to wish my time away, I want to remember to appreciate the holidays we have had.

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
27 weeks to go, I know the half way mark is looming large and rightfully so, but I am going to enjoy this last week of being closer to Thanksgiving 2021 than we are to Thanksgiving 2022. Not only do I not want to wish my time away, I want to remember to appreciate the holidays we have had.
Well said!

Edge612

Santa's Mentor
MMC Premiere
Oct 7, 2011
DAYS TILL THANKSGIVING: 191
DAYS TILL NOVEMBER: 168
DAYS TILL THE BERS: 107

Happy 2nd Half Of May! Today we look and see our countdowns are moving nicely as we have 191 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 168 days to go until November, and 107 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone is 1 week from today folks when stress-free season is over and the sweatfest begins (or has it already where you are?). And it will be the 100-Day Marker Till The Bers. I know that all of you can’t wait for it and neither can I so let’s just be happy where we are right now at this point and time. Now for all of you here on this Tuesday wondering what do I do on a Tuesday in the Thanksgiving Thread? No weekly countdown. No poll. No video. But what about a turkey sandwich? I mean that sounds tasty to me and a good way to celebrate the 1st “T” day of the week. Folks – I can’t emphasize enough to enjoy this week. I know I talk as if next week is THANKSGIVING WEEK (that would really be scary) but I really think when you hit the halfway marker you seriously need to realize that you don’t’ want this going way too fast too soon. So let’s all celebrate today and enjoy what we’re doing here. We all love being in this thread no matter what day, week or month of the year it is. And I for one am enjoying this month of May as I know all of you are as well. Have a great 2nd Half Of May!​

SolidSnake84

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Sep 14, 2019
Virginia

Happy 2nd Half Of May! Today we look and see our countdowns are moving nicely as we have 191 days remaining until Thanksgiving, 168 days to go until November, and 107 days left until The Bers. Our next milestone is 1 week from today folks when stress-free season is over and the sweatfest begins (or has it already where you are?). And it will be the 100-Day Marker Till The Bers. I know that all of you can’t wait for it and neither can I so let’s just be happy where we are right now at this point and time. Now for all of you here on this Tuesday wondering what do I do on a Tuesday in the Thanksgiving Thread? No weekly countdown. No poll. No video. But what about a turkey sandwich? I mean that sounds tasty to me and a good way to celebrate the 1st “T” day of the week. Folks – I can’t emphasize enough to enjoy this week. I know I talk as if next week is THANKSGIVING WEEK (that would really be scary) but I really think when you hit the halfway marker you seriously need to realize that you don’t’ want this going way too fast too soon. So let’s all celebrate today and enjoy what we’re doing here. We all love being in this thread no matter what day, week or month of the year it is. And I for one am enjoying this month of May as I know all of you are as well. Have a great 2nd Half Of May!​
Well spoken. Reaching half way is a big deal. The time really seems to fly after that. I echo a lot of comments that I've seen across the boards that it feels closer to The Bers at this point this year, than it did last year at the same point. I think it is because of how cold the spring stayed. Just a week ago, we were still using heat at night.

Have a great day!

Christmaswarlock

Santa's Sleigh Designer
MMC Member
Nov 18, 2018
Atlanta
Happy Tuesday turkey lovers! Well we survived our storms from yesterday. Been quite awhile since I saw rain come down like that. I sure did enjoy our 3 days of Spring again this year but now we have entered into our annual Thanksgiving/Christmas in July mode. This year I managed a deal for a bunch of Porterhouse steaks to add to the menu.

The_Escalation

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Jun 25, 2020
Texas

I'm know I'm all "rush, rush, rush, cut the brakes, etc." But I truly have enjoyed this year so far. This is probably the best "offseason" I've ever had in terms of managing the Post-Christmas Blues and staying upbeat throughout the first half of the year.

And I will enjoy this next week as well. That being said, I'm ready to see that 100 day Bers milestone.

Rich

Christmas Royalty
MMC Donor
MMC Premiere
Sep 23, 2010
Warner Robins, GA
I'm know I'm all "rush, rush, rush, cut the brakes, etc." But I truly have enjoyed this year so far. This is probably the best "offseason" I've ever had in terms of managing the Post-Christmas Blues and staying upbeat throughout the first half of the year.

And I will enjoy this next week as well. That being said, I'm ready to see that 100 day Bers milestone.
Me too!

DecemberisComing

Dang Near Santa Himself
MMC Member
MMC Premiere
Apr 21, 2019
Illinois
I planted my herbs today, including rosemary and thyme. I love the smells because they remind me of the kitchen on Thanksgiving Day!

Christmas Activities

Share Your New Christmas Music
A Christmas Carol
Support the Merry Forums
MMC Events

Kringle Radio
Pop Out Player

Sponsors

Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image Banner image